On behalf of Pine Hills Dirt Racing and Scotty Ernst Productions we are pleased to invite drivers from the international community to compete in the Asian Buggy Championships on 13th to 16th of July 2023.
ABC Stage Report
Name: Asian Buggy Championship
Date: 13-16th of July 2023
Track: Pine Hills Dirt Racing
Track Address: Sports Lane, Bunya, Brisbane QLD Australia
Nominations Open: 1/4/2023
Nominations Close: 1/7/2023
Classes: GP 1/8 Buggy & Truggy, 45+ GP 1/8 Buggy,
EP 1/8 Buggy & Truggy 45+ EP 1/8 Buggy.
Registration can be found at the link below:
- Capped entry of 200 entries, so get your entry in and paid to secure your spot!
- Only paid nominations before the registration deadline 1st of July will be accepted.
- Date of paid nomination will take precedence in the event of maximum entries achieved
- Entry fee non refundable.
- First Class $125AUD
- Second Class $75AUD
International guests will fly into Brisbane International Airport. The track is located 20 minute drive from the airport.
The surface at PHDR is compacted clay treated with Biodegradable Vegetable oil, this provides a hard packed smooth high grip surface.
A 50% layout change is scheduled for May to make sure we provide the most exciting and perfect condition track for the July event.
Eatons Hill Hotel – Event Accomodation – 15 mins to track
We have a special rate for ABC Racers please use the below link for special offer:
Eatons Hill Hotel also has a large dining, bar and entertainment areas available right next to the accommodation!
Other Accommodation Options
Chermside Options: large shopping centre and lots of restaurants, 15 mins to the track by car.
Everton Park Options: Next to the Everton Park hotel, also a large number of restaurants and shopping centres.
If you are travelling with a large group it may be a good option to get an AirBnB. Good suburbs close to the track and restaurants are:
Everton Hills, Everton Park, Chermside, Aspley, Albany Creek, Mitchelton
Format and Rules
- Nomination and payment required before entry to track.
- After your run you must impound your car in the impound bench and go straight out to your marshalling spot. Failure to be at your marshalling spot prior to the next race warm up commencing will result in best result lost.
- Personal marquee and tents can be left overnight at owners responsibility.
- International travellers get reserved areas in undercovered pits, Interstate will get reserved marquee tents, Locals are encouraged to bring their own tents, tables and chairs.
- Official time table will be released each day and published to facebook, note timetable subject to change depending on delays incurred. Rounds will be shorted if significant delays to schedule are incurred.
- Detailed Schedule to be released on Thursday morning of the event once final entries are confirmed.
Thursday – Practice – 9am to 6pm
- Three rounds of controlled practice
- Event opening
Friday – Seeding and Qualifying
- 2 x Seeding rounds, average of your best 3 laps (Not consecutive)
- 1 x Qualifier
Saturday – Qualifying
- 3 Qualifiers
- Best 2 of 4 qualifiers to count, In case of tie break on points, best result to count
- After your run you must impound your car in the impound bench and go straight out to your marshalling spot after your run.
- EP Buggy, EP Truggy
- C,D,E,F etc Final 2x 10mins
- A,B Final 3 x 10mins
- No Bump ups
- GP Buggy Finals ABC Finals (12 Cars)
- 9 Direct into final, 3 to bump to next final
- C,D etc Final 1x 20min
- B Final 1x 30min
- A Final 1x 45min
Live Timing and Video
All results will be available on our live timing page, please see the link below:
We will have the one and only RC Race Media crew on the live video feed and interviews, this is your chance to be exposed to some professional media and the excitement broadcast to the world. The broadcast will be streamed through youtube and facebook.
Race Director and Commentary
Who else but the famous Scotty Ernst will be on the mic all weekend giving race commentary for the live video feed and racers!
Tire preference by brand in order of suitability.
- Green/Blue/Clay Rehab
- Green/Blue/Clay Reflex
- Green/Blue/Clay Detox (If really high groove)
- SS 201
- SS 401
- US Red Devil
- SS Red Devil
- SS Marco
- M3 SlideLock
- S3 Slidelock
- M4 Slidelock
Example canteen menu below: